Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I was hired at a spa to do facials full time?

i took the job and quit another cause this was closer to home( the other was 45 miles one way). After 2 weeks the owners cousin who ran it cut our hours( also our tips were being stolen) and started giving everything to one girl there( I found out this girl who was doing facials, massages, and manicures) was only licensed to do facials. Due to my cut of hours I filed for unemployment and am collecting it. The owner got rid of his cousin and the girl and finally put on 3 staff members to run the spa who he just lost now causehe brought BACK the girl and his cousin.. I forgot to mention this girl also shoved me and called me names in front of a client one day. My question is- is this some sort of labor law suit or do I just wipe my feet and get on with life... (I currently have 2 other jobs lined up.)I was hired at a spa to do facials full time?
You might have a case.If you have a contract.Honestly if it was me I would just report them,and move on.Goodluck!I was hired at a spa to do facials full time?
By shoving you, you can successfully file assault charges against this girl. Any form of unwanted physical contact is assault and can be countered with legal action.





By calling you names in front of a client, that constitutes verbal harassment. That also can be countered with a lawsuit.





Also, by giving this one girl who was only licensed to do facials all the work, that goes against company policies and should be immediately brought to the attention of a corporate office, or the Better Business Bureau.





Remember, when something like this happens, it should always be dealt with. Physical and verbal abuse is grounds for harassment and the business place has a zero tolerance policy, each and every time. What you need to do if you feel like reporting this is find witnesses or proof of the events taking place, and press charges.
If you had a contract and they violated it there might be a case. Or if they let go all the women and hired all men. But it doesn't sound like anything like this happened. You were treated badly, but it's not illegal, just rude. For the most part people are allowed to hire and fire who they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment