Monday, December 21, 2009

Question for those who give facials or massages in a spa or other center?

How does it work in terms of salary? Do you decide on a rate or are you given a percentage of the fee charged to the customer, or is there a fixed salary from the start? What is an average hourly salary one can earn and how many hours on average do you work?





Thank you.Question for those who give facials or massages in a spa or other center?
It depends from place to place. Some spas pay on a percentage - 40/60, 50/50, 60/40. Some pay a flat rate for services, regardless of what they are. $30 for a relaxation (swedish) massage, or therapeutic or prenatal - even if the Spa it's self charges differently for each service.





When I was finishing Massage school we were told to never work for less than $30 per treatment, where I live. For most places that is giving you less than 40% of the fee. Most places pay considerably more than that, where I'm at anyways. Plus full tips in most cases.





The higher the percentage made - the more likely it is that you have to pay some of your own overhead fees. I make 75% at my job. However I pay my own advertising, for my own supplies, and have to deduct my own taxes. Some places give you 40% commission- but provide everything right down to the clothing you wear at work.





Most therapists work between 10-35 hours a week. Some more, some less. Depends on the therapists preferences, as well as how busy they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment